Downie Review - How to Use, Reputation, Safety, and Thorough Comparison of Alternative Software
Many people are faced with the question of which software is best for video downloading. Ease of use and safety are especially important factors.
This article provides an in-depth look at the usage, reputation, and safety of Downie, which is highly rated by users.
It also compares Downie with the equally popular "Y2Mate DRM Downloader" to provide you with the best option. We will help readers solve their video downloading problems and choose the software that satisfies their needs.
Downie is a for Mac Downie is a video download tool for Mac. It allows you to easily download videos from many sites on the Internet, including popular sites like YouTube and Instagram, but also Bilibili, TikTok, and more. This software, search and history functions, batch download, automatic conversion, and subtitle storage. and other features that make it easy and convenient to use.
Step 1: Find the video you want to download and copy its website address.
Step 2: Open Downie, right-click in the blank space in the Downie window, and select "Add from Pasteboard.
Step 3: The download will begin automatically.
- Fast download speed
- Simple operation
- Selectable image quality
- Subtitle extraction available
- Windows is not supported
- Available only in English and Chinese
- No support
- Supported sites are unknown
Downie has one of the fastest download speeds of any video downloader, and many beginners have said that it is easy to use. The downloading process begins. In addition, the download quality and format can be selected from the settings screen. Another unique feature of Downie is its subtitle extraction function. With this feature, you can extract the subtitles that come with your video in SRT format.
On the other hand, however, it also has the following disadvantages
- Downie does not support Windows is not supported and only works with Mac OS X 10.12.6 or later versions; Windows users cannot use this software.
- Downie is available in English and Chinese only. and does not support Japanese or other languages. Operation and configuration may be difficult for Japanese users.
- Downie is There is a disadvantage that This is a disadvantage. If you encounter any problems or glitches with the software, you cannot contact the developer.
- Downie has the following disadvantages Supported sites are unknown. This is a disadvantage. The official website of the software does not provide a list or details of supported sites. Users have to go through trial and error to see if the video site they want to download is supported.
The following are two aspects of the dangers to be aware of when using Downie
Downie is virus-free if downloaded from the official site. The official site states that Downie is
A virus scan by a service called VirusTotal did not detect any suspicious viruses.
Note: However, downloading from unauthorized sites carries the risk of virus infection, so extreme caution should be exercised.
Y2Mate DRM Downloader, like Downie, is a video downloading software. However, Y2Mate DRM Downloader has more features and benefits than Downie; features of Y2Mate DRM Downloader include
- Depending on the quality of the distributor, it is possible to save 4K and 8K high quality videos directly to your device.
- If the video has subtitles, it can automatically download subtitles and secondary audio at the same time.
- Numerous features not found in other download software are included. For example, you can adjust video playback speed and volume, and convert videos to GIF, MP3, and other formats.
- It is easy to operate, highly stable, and reliable.
- It is compatible with both Windows and MacOS.
- A free trial version is available, and further plans such as monthly, yearly, and perpetual licenses are available.
The table below summarizes the functional differences between Y2Mate DRM Downloader and Downie.
|Features||Y2Mate DRM Downloader||Downie|
|Number of supported sites||More than 1500 sites||Only some sites|
|High quality video download||Possible||Possible|
|Subtitle and sub-voice download||Possible||Possible|
|Download audio only||Possible||Not possible|
|Languages supported||English and Chinese only||Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indonesian, Hindi, Thai, Filipino, English, Danish, Dutch, Greek, French, Swedish, Serbian, Portuguese, German, Spanish, Hungarian, Russian, Bulgarian, Italian, Turkish, Polish, Arabic, 24 languages in total|
|Supported OS||Windows and MacOS||MacOS only|
|Plans||Free Trial, Monthly, Annual, Perpetual License||Free Trial, Perpetual License|
As you can see from this table, Y2Mate DRM Downloader has many more features than Downie. If you are looking for a video downloader, we recommend Y2Mate DRM Downloader; with Y2Mate DRM Downloader, your video viewing experience will be more pleasant.
How was it? In this article, we summarized the usage, reputation, and feature comparison of Downie, a video download tool for Mac, and its alternative, Y2Mate DRM Downloader. However, it also has some disadvantages such as lack of Windows support and limited language support. On the other hand, Y2Mate DRM downloader features 4K and 8K high quality video downloads, multi-language support, and support for both Windows and MacOS.
We hope that you will use this information to make the best choice for your needs when selecting video download software. Please take this opportunity to try Downie or Y2Mate DRM downloader.