An Extensive Comparison of Filmora Screen Recorder VS OBS [2023 Latest]
Screen recorders are widely favored for recording streams, games, lectures, online meetings, and much more. However, if you are still deciding which one to opt for, we have brought you the two finest screen recorders: Filmora Screen Recorder VS OBS.
We have made a thorough comparative analysis to clear your doubts about Filmora Scrn Screen Recorder Vs OBS. Also, you'll be in for Filmora Screen Recorder system requirements to ensure your system is capable and updated to install and run either software.
So stay tuned and hop on for an interesting comparative discussion ahead. But before that, let's briefly overview the two software and their setup/usage.
Owing its existence to Wondershare, Filmora Screen Recorder is an innovative, free and complete screen recorder and video editor made under the supervision of experts and professional video makers. The significant part is that it records videos and screens without time limits. So definitely, it is handy for users from diverse fields like gamers, teachers, salespersons, and more.
Check the below-given steps to use the Filmora Screen Recorder:
- Download, install and launch Filmora Screen Recorder.
- Double-click the desktop icon to open the Full Feature mode.
- Click the Record menu and select the Record PC screen.
- Adjust the settings for your screencasting session and select the screen recording area using the rectangle icon (on the left).
- Tap the mic icon to record the narration. Also, you can click the Speakers to enable/disable your PC's speakers.
- After making the necessary adjustments in Settings (at the lower-right corner), click the red-colored Rec button to start the screencast session. You can stop the recording anytime using the F9 key on the keyboard.
That's it. You can edit your saved recording using the Filmora Video Editor.
While the Filmora Screen Recorder setup takes place, you can check the Kigo Netflix Video Downloader VS Y2Mate Netflix Downloader.
OBS Studio is an acronym for Open Broadcaster Software. Going by the OBS meaning, it is an open-source software freely available for recording videos and live streams. Equipped with a robust API, OBS provides you with scripts and plugins to customize and achieve the desired functions and output.
After knowing the OBS meaning, look at the steps below to save your recordings using OBS.
- Download and launch the OBS
- Right-click the Sources box, & select the Display Capture feature to add a new source
- Name the new source and mark the Create New Checkbox
- Select the OK button to add the new source to the software
- Adjust the audio & video options and click the Start Recording button to capture your desktop screen
So after having an overview of Filmora Screen Recorder Vs OBS, let's have a comparative analysis to explore the distinct features that make them unique and in demand.
Here's a complete and exhaustive comparison of Filmora Scrn Screen Recorder VS OBS to give you a clear insight into both software.
Filmora Screen Recorder easily integrates with multiple third-party software like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. In contrast, OBS integrates with the applications like Browser Source Plugin, NewTek NDI Plugin, Advanced Scene Switcher, and OBS Websockets.
Both the software Filmora Screen Recorder Vs OBS record video clips without a watermark to enhance the screen recording and viewing experience. But unfortunately, Filmora Screen Recorder leaves a watermark on the exported videos.
Filmora Screen Recorder enables you to apply transitions to your video clips and tracks. On the other hand, OBS lets you customize the transitions when you switch between the individual windows.
If you're having a great time going through the comparative analysis of Filmora Screen Recorder Vs OBS, don't forget to check StreamFab Vs AnyStream to find the best video downloader.
Using the Filmora Screen Recorder, you can easily tailor-make your recording area. For example, you can record the complete desktop screen, any desired or specific location, or a single targeted window. Even OBS lets users customize their recording screen through the Window Capture feature.
In the debate of Filmora Screen Recorder Vs OBS, Filmora Screen Recorder lets users record the screen and webcam at once, whereas OBS allows users to record screens, webcams, capture cards, and much more.
Filmora Screen Recorder lets you edit the recordings smoothly. On the other hand, OBS users might find it disappointing as the editing feature is not present here.
In a debate of Filmora Screen Recorder Vs OBS, Filmora Screen Recorder supports 12 languages, including English, Hindi, Chinese, German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Italian, and Portuguese. On the other hand, OBS supports only a handful of languages like English, Polish and Turkish.
Filmora Screen Recorder works smoothly on Windows PCs and Mac devices, while on the contrary, OBS supports Windows computers, Mac devices, Linux systems, and web-based services.
Going by the available support of Filmora Screen Recorder Vs OBS, Filmora Screen Recorder lends its support through emails, phone, live support, training, and tickets. However, OBS provides support only through training and live support.
Pricing is crucial in deciding the winner in Filmora Scrn Screen Recorder Vs OBS. Filmora Screen Recorder provides its users with multiple pricing plans, such as:
- Individual Annual Plan: USD 39.99/year
- Individual Perpetual Plan: USD 69.99 (one-time payment)
- Business annual Plan: USD 155.88/1 user/1 year, USD 280.56/2 users/1 year, USD 420.84/3 users/1 year, USD 561.12/4 users/1 year, USD 701.40/5 users/1 year
- Student Plan: USD 7.99/1 month, USD 15.99/1 quarter, USD 31.99/1 year, USD 48.99 (one-time payment)
- Educator Plan: By quote
However, going by the OBS meaning, it is absolutely free and has no enterprise pricing plans for users.
Talking of the Filmora Screen Recorder system requirements, you must ensure your device is updated with the following criteria.
- Filmora Screen Recorder System Requirements for Windows
Operating System: Windows 11/10, Windows 8.1/Windows 7 (64-bit OS).
Processor: Intel i3 or 2 GHz and up
Memory: Minimum 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 or latest; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 700 or recent; AMD Radeon R5 or newest.
Disk: Minimum 10 GB free harddisk space
Internet: Active internet connection
- Filmora Screen Recorder System Requirements for Mac
Operating System: macOS V13 (Ventura), macOS V12 (Monterey), macOS v11 (Big Sur), macOS v10.15 (Catalina), macOS v10.14 (Mojave).
Processor: Intel i5 or 2 GHz and up
Note: The Memory, Graphics, Disk, and Internet settings are the same as Windows.
The basic system requirements for OBS include:
- Windows: DirectX 10.1 compatible GPU, Windows 10 (1809 or latest), Windows 11
- Mac: Intel or Apple Silicon CPU, OpenGL 3.3-compatible GPU, and MacOS "Catalina" (10.15) or the newest
- Linux or Unix: OpenGL 3.3-compatible GPU and X window system or Wayland
These are great screen recorders, but if you wish to download and save videos from streaming platforms and websites, Y2Mate can be your best-served solution. So let's explore this downloader for deeper details.
Y2Mate DRM Downloader improves your video downloading and viewing experience. It supports downloading ad-free videos from over 500 streaming platforms and 1000+ websites.
Around 40 are subscription-based streaming services for subscribers to view the latest movies, TVs, and shows. Moreover, it provides free trials to new users. So let's explore its other exciting features.
- Supports downloading from multiple OTT platforms
- Downloads videos in HD resolution of 720p, 1080p, to 4k and even 8k
- Supports high-speed batch downloading with up to 32MB/s
- Downloads unlimited videos for an indefinite period
- Downloads videos with EAC3 5.1, AC3 5.1 or AAC 2.0 channels
- Saves your favorite shows in universal format of MP4 or MKV
- Saves videos without any commercials or ads
- Saves subtitles as SRT files or embeds them in video files.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac PCs
Check the simple and quick steps below to download and save your favorite videos from any platform using Y2Mate DRM Downloader.
Step 1: Download and install Y2Mate DRM Downloader
Firstly, download and install Y2Mate DRM Downloader to your Windows or Mac PC.
Step 2: Select your chosen platform or website
After launching the software, visit the left panel and select VIP Services. Then choose the OTT platform or streaming website where you should download your video.
Step 3: Customize your video settings
Once you select your video, customize its video resolution, audio settings, and subtitle language for your preferred output settings.
Step 4: Download and save your video
Lastly, click the Download Now button to save the video to your local storage instantly. You can also select multiple videos and group them to later download in bulk at an accelerated speed.
After going through the extensive discussion of Filmora Scrn Screen Recorder Vs OBS, you must be clear with your decision owing to your needs and requirements. We have clearly explained the OBS meaning.
Furthermore, both software is blessed with valuable features, but they might not live up to your expectations if you look forward to downloading your chosen streaming videos.
Instead, you can switch to the Y2Mate DRM Downloader for complete care of your entertainment experience.