Have you been a die-hard gamer and want to stream your content on Twitch? Twitch has obviously been one of the most prominent streaming services for gamers out there. Wondering how to host on Twitch? The tips shard here should prove to be helpful for your needs in streaming your channel on Twitch.
Twitch hosting refers to broadcasting someone else’s channel on your Twitch channel. That would mean when you are away from your channel, your audience will continue to watch the content live and they will have access to fresh content with no issues whatsoever.
That would be a great way to keep your audience engaged. You can provide the fresh content to your audience and followers even when you are away. It would also translate into a mutual promotion for the other streamer. It can provide a better engagement for you and your peers.
Twitch Hosting should be a great way of being a clear leader in the online live streaming community. You would be able to open the gates for the cross promotion between the channels.
Having learnt what is Twitch hosting, we will move to find how to host someone on Twitch. The process involved in how to host on Twitch is quite simple and should not take more than a few minutes. It simply involves a few simple clicks and mouse commands. Before you can move on to host a streamer on Twitch, do note that there are a few limitations that you need to be aware of – You can only host one channel at a time, and the total number of channels that can be hosted in a span on 30 minutes in only 3.
There are several ways that you can follow if you want to know how to host someone on Twitch. Let us check out the different options one by one.
Follow the steps here below to host another channel on Twitch. The best option to host a channel on Twitch is to host it from your own chat room -
- Go to your Twitch channel by clicking on your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner
- Click on Channel from the context menu
- Once you are on your channel. You will find a chat section at the right side of your screen.
- Click on the option that says Send a message
- Type in /host USERNAME where USERNAME refers to the username of the channel that you want to host on your Twitch channel.
- Send your message
- You will begin hosting the channel.
The chat screen will remain active on your channel, but the views will be counted towards the views of the hosted channel.
The next option is to use your twitch dashboard to host another streamer on your Twitch channel. Follow the simple steps as explained here –
- Click on your profile at the top right corner
- Click on Creator dashboard on the context menu
- Follow the path settings -> Channel -> Featured Content
- Under the Auto hosting feature, click on the option click on Host list and then add or manage the channels that you want to host on your channel.
Follow the instructions to automatically host the channels on your Twitch account. The steps used in how to host on Twitch in an auto way are quite easy and simple to follow.
Well, we learned how to host a channel on Twitch, but does that really help you? Is it advisable to host on Twitch? Well, the process has its own Pros and Cons. Let us check out the Pros and Cons of Twitch hosting.
- It can be a great option to help you network with the other streamers. Make sure that you host the channels that are in the same genre like you and share the same popularity.
- Hosting a help your audience to have access to fresh content even when you are not live.
- It can be a great option to ascertain and understand more about what your community thinks.
- You would be discovered by the potential followers and audience which can further enhance your popularity.
- The streamer you are hosting may have offensive content on his or her channel. This can make you run into problems with your audience.
- You need to ensure that the streamer that you are hosting on your account follows the Terms and Conditions to the dot.
- Your viewers do not see your offline banner. That would mean you will not be able to share your important messages and updates
Also learn how to activate Twitch on your devices.
A little off-topic question, but what if any of your viewers are fascinated by your content and do not want the hosted content, but want to watch your own content even when you are offline? That can be something which can be achieved by downloading the Twitch titles and what them offline with no need for an internet connection.
If you or your viewers are looking to download the Twitch titles for offline viewing, it is advisable to go with a reliable third-party downloader for Twitch. We would recommend opting for Y2Mate DRM Downloader which offers support to download content from almost all streaming services. The all-in-one downloader does support practically every OTT platform and provides you access to a high-quality download capability. The HD video download capability which downloads the videos in 720p, 1080p, to 4k and even 8k should make it a truly formidable choice. High speed download capability coupled with a batch download functionality speeds up your download experience. The 5.1 audio channel support and an option for subtitles can further make it a truly promising tool ever.
You may also check out how to download titles from Amazon Prime Video.
Twitch is indeed a unique and powerful platform for almost each of your needs in gaming streaming. However, what if you have a large audience that craves for the fresh content throughout the day? If you want your audience to have access to fresh content even when you are away, and not streaming, it would be a great option to host a streamer on your channel. For those who are looking to find out how to host on Twitch, the details and information shared above should come extremely handy.
In case you are searching for the good third-party downloader for Twitch titles, we would recommend choosing Y2Mate DRM Downloader for your needs. Check out the tool once and have a great download experience.