What is PlayOn Chrome Extension and How does it Work
Google Chrome extensions are new add-ons that improve the user experience only if you know how to use them. The most common and famous video recorder, PlayOn is also available as a Chrome extension. If you like to watch movies and series offline, this extension will be best bet for you.
PlayOn browser extension for Chrome is famous for adding up to convenience and effectiveness. With one click, the Chrome PlayOn extension will have your shows in front of you. But the recent update has limited these add-ons. You can find the previous likes to enjoy the same perks.
Sometimes people complain of the PlayOn browser extension not working in Chrome. If you face the same issue, keep reading to learn how you can fix it. We will also shed light on how Y2Mate makes the best alternative of PlayOn. Let’s begin!
PlayOn is a streaming media brand and software which allows users to watch and save videos from various online content providers. It has two major branches. The first one is PlayOn Cloud, and the second is PlayOn Desktop. PlayOn cloud is an online service mainly used to record digital video streams and only works on Android and iOS, while PlayOn Home is designed to work for desktops.
Here is an AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder Review that you should not skip reading!
Here are some notable features of PlayOn:
- It is a DVR streaming device that is useful for both android and desktop Windows.
- PlayOn Chrome extension allows downloading content from Netflix, Disney Plus, and many other well-known international and local streaming services.
- It is equipped with DVR recording, which allows direct recording and placing the file on the drive and PlayOn Home.
- Chrome PlayOn extension makes the process easy by permitting you to add recordings to queue which are available to download whenever you want.
- Moreover, the PlayOn Chrome extension is designed to make recording videos easier. It lets you conveniently mark online videos and prepare them to watch offline without the internet.
If you want to know more about PlayOn, you can see PlayOn Plex Review.
Before the recent update, the Chrome PlayOn extension was used to work excellently. It was super convenient for the users to watch and download videos. But the recent PlayOn browser extension for Chrome update raised a problem for the users.
It will be more convenient if people roll back their updates, especially of the browser they use. This way, they will be able to use the Chrome PlayOn extension again.
Here is the simple process to use the PlayOn browser extension for Chrome:
- First of all, roll back to the former update.
- Then open your PlayOn application and navigate to Settings.
- Here you will see a large number of tabs. Click on the Browser from the list.
- Scroll down to find Chrome, and then click on it to apply.
- Once it is done, open the browser.
- You will receive a message informing you that the PlayOn Chrome extension has been added.
- Now you can open any streaming services or website where you want to record the video.
With the PlayOn Chrome extension, you can bookmark your videos and recordings by simply accessing them from Chrome’s toolbar. Read the interface and record or save the video according to your requirement and space.
Are you using PlayOn Chrome extension? You might get stuck with, “why the PlayOn browser extension not working in Chrome?” It can happen due to certain reasons, including the PlayOn errors, slow internet, as well as a bug in Chrome.
If you are facing the issue on Google Chrome's end, you can fix it following these methods.
Google Chrome is a popular browser. It has a wide range of settings that permits every user to personalize their browsing experience by adding extensions such as the PlayOn browser extension for Chrome.
These features are great for surfing the internet and saving content, but sometimes it causes issues in streaming videos and letting the extensions work. For example, people face the error of PlayOn browser extension not working in Chrome. To fix these all, hop on the steps below!
- Navigate to Chrome and click on the three dots present in the upper right corner of the screen.
- The option Reset Settings will be visible on the screen, click on it.
- Once the settings have been reset, your problem will be solved.
Like all other browsers, Chrome also offers third-party extensions and plugins to enhance user experience such as Chrome PlayOn extension. These plug-ins can include a PDF viewer, bank application, or video downloader. Unfortunately, these plug-ins can disrupt Chrome's functioning and stop playing videos.
If that’s the reason lading to PayOn Chrome Extension not working, follow the steps mentioned below to get it fixed.
- Open Chrome and click on Settings.
- Navigate to Privacy and Security and click on Content Settings.
- Here the Plug-ins disable option will be visible, click on it to complete the process.
- You can unplug all plug-ins at a time or one by one to check which is causing problems.
The main purpose of this process is to solve the issue of the PlayOn browser extension not working in Chrome. It basically frees up the processing power in your device. This method improves the performance as well as speed that conflict with streaming websites and result in the video stopping and freezing in one place.
- In order to fix the problem, follow these steps:
- Open Chrome, navigate to Settings, and click on Advanced Settings.
- Within the System tab, look for the option “Use hardware acceleration when available”.
- Now you can move the toggle button in case review or disable the settings.
These are simple methods that can solve your problem regarding the PlayOn Chrome extension without professional assistance. Follow these steps. They will definitely get the Chrome PlayOn extension functional.
As PlayOn has scrapped the Chrome extension, it has become difficult for regular users to keep saving the videos they like. However, there are many alternatives for people who rely on PlayOn Chrome extensions.
If you are also one of them, don’t worry! Here is software that is the ultimate solution to your problem, i.e., Y2Mate. It’s the best alternative to the PlayOn Chrome extension to download movies and series.
It has a distinct and outstanding feature to fill the gap of the PlayOn Chrome extension. It works well with both Windows and Mac. It supports and saves videos from more than 200 streaming platforms, making it the number one choice of users instead Chrome PlayOn extension.
Features of Y2Mate DRM Downloader
Here are some of the most noteworthy features of Y2Mate DRM Downloader, making it the top alternative to the Chrome PlayOn extension. And you can try it free by downlodaing Y2Mate.
- Batch Download Feature: It lets the user save several files in a single click. In case you love watching series and seasons but cannot get the time at home, Y2 Mate is the best means to make them available for offline watch. You can download all episodes in a single run without having to have them one by one.
- Ad-Free Experience: The advertisement-free feature of the Y2Mate makes it an even more excellent choice. Even if the podcast and episode of the series have ads, this tool will eliminate them to save you time.
- High-Quality Audio and Video Download: It is one of the distinct and worth appreciating features of Y2Mate. It has the potential to save videos in high quality with up to 1080p, 4k, and even 8k resolution. When it comes to audio, it never sets back. This downloader can download videos and audio files and transform them into EAC3 5.1 or AAC 2.0 sound channels.
- Fast Download: Its fast-downloading feature is astonishing and gives it a plus point against the PlayOn Chrome extension. With Y2Mate, you can get 10x download speed and can download videos and audio in a matter of 10 to 20 minutes.
- Save the Metadata of Files: Y2Mate is a reliable means to download videos as it allows you to access the metadata information of your videos and audio files in a simple way. Apart from that, it enables the users to save the season, cast as well as episode title which helps in organizing the files.
The PlayOn Chrome extension can be one of a kind and excellent in terms of functionality. However, the recent update has scrapped the crisp of features that diverted the user’s attention towards alternatives like Y2Mate DRM Downloader.
This downloader is amazing and highly efficient. The subscription fee also gives Y2Mate massive plus points. With this downloader, you can enjoy a simple interface and many options without breaking the bank. Moreover, it saves videos with extremely high and appreciable quality