How to Record dTV｜Record and Download the Entire dTV Video Content on Your Computer!
Now that the "download function" is provided as an official feature of dTV, there seems to be little need to basically record videos, but this technique is good to know.
The following video titles are available on dTV.
- Some titles are not available for download.
- Titles that will be discontinued after a certain period of time
- Purchased or rented works that require a separate fee from the monthly fee
If you make a quick recording of these and save them permanently, you can easily play them offline using your smartphone or tablet anytime and anywhere.
You can also subscribe to dTV for one month and record all the titles you want to watch at once. You can even record all the titles you want to watch at once, and watch them offline using your smartphone, tablet, or computer in an innovative way.
That's why this article will explain how to record video content from the video streaming service, dTV.
By the way, the recording method I'm going to show you is a completely legal technique that is not illegal, so you can record VOD without worry!
Let's take a quick look at how to record video content from the video streaming service dTV.
Basically, recording dTV video content cannot be done on any device, including computers, smartphones, tablets, and HDD recorders.
This is because of the "HDCP" technology that prevents unauthorized video recording.
HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) is a copyright protection technology that aims to prevent unauthorized copying of digital content.
This article will give you more information about this particular item and how to record videos using them.
If you record normally, you will get a black screen, but if you use the techniques described in this article, you will be able to record videos beautifully!
By preparing the items listed below, you'll be able to record dTV.
What you need for recording
- Personal computer (+ Internet connection)
- dTV account
- Dedicated recording software
Aside from the basic items essential for video playback, such as a computer, internet connection, and video streaming service account, dTV recording requires a dedicated recording software called "Y2Mate dTV Downloader "
The main financial benefit is that you can compress the price you pay considerably by not subscribing to dTV continuously, but only when you need it.
Also, the merit of being able to comprehensively download video content that is no longer being distributed is also very modest.
Once you record and save the video, you will be able to watch it permanently on your phone or TV, which is quite a benefit.
Let's install the software and start recording!
Considering the above uses, I guess it makes a little more sense to pay 10,000 yen for recording software.
Of course, it is best to use the full version of the software, which has no functional limitations whatsoever, but a free trial version is also available, so you may want to use the free trial version first to see how the software performs.
This section explains the process of recording video content from the video streaming service "dTV".
First, go to the following URL and install the recording software "Y2Mate dTV Downloader" on your computer.
Official site: Y2Mate dTV Downloader
- Click on the button labeled "Free Download" to download the installer.
- Once the file has downloaded, click on it to open it.
- When the installation screen appears, click "Quick Install" to start the installation.
- Wait for a while for the installation to complete. It should take about five minutes, depending on your Internet connection.
- When you see "Launch Now," click on it.
This will automatically launch the "Y2Mate dTV Downloader".
- Click "VIP Service" on the left side of the "Y2Mate dTV Downloader" screen.
- You will then see a list of supported streaming services, and click on "dTV".
- When the dTV top page appears, click "Login" in the upper right corner of the screen to log in.
- Once you are logged in, let the video content you want to record play.
- This will automatically bring up a screen where you can select the video content you want to record, so select the content you want to record.
- After making your selection, click "Download Now" if you want to download it right now, or "Add to Queue" if you want to select other videos to download all at once.
- Click "Downloading" on the left side of the operation screen, and you will see the video title you selected is displayed. If there are other video titles you want to record, click "Home" on the left side of the operation screen and follow the same procedure to select the videos.
- When you are done selecting the videos you want to record, click "Start All" to start recording (downloading). Now all you have to do is wait for the recording to finish.
- When the recording (download) is complete, click "Download" on the left side of the operation screen. You will be able to see the recording data of the video you just selected.
- By the way, to see the specific destination of the downloaded video file, you can click on the folder icon on the right side of the line where the video file is displayed.
What to do if you can't download a video?
If you are still unable to download the video due to some problems after following the above steps, you may be able to solve the problem by following the instructions below.
To do so, simply right-click on the software installer downloaded from the Y2Mate official website to open the menu and select "Run as administrator" to install the software.
The rest of the procedure is the same as above, so if you are experiencing any problems with the software, you should definitely try "Run as administrator".
As I mentioned, the "Y2Mate dTV Downloader" allows you to record dTV with very simple operations, but there is a limit to the number of times you can record with the free trial version.
The free trial version limits the number of recordings to three, and if you want to record more than that, you have to get the paid version.
It's enough to check the performance of the software, but obviously not enough to use it for a long time.
So if you want to continue to record numerous video titles with the Y2Mate dTV Downloader in the future, buy the paid version.
This section explains how to watch recorded video data of video content from the video streaming service "dTV".
There are two main ways to watch a movie: on a computer and on a smartphone or tablet. The following is the most orthodox way to watch a movie on a computer.
If you want to watch it on your computer, it is convenient to use a free media player.
Among them, I recommend the standard free software "VLC Media Player" because it is known for its ease of use that even beginners can use without any confusion.
Of course, being free software, there is zero financial burden, so if you don't have a specific media player, why not take the opportunity to download it?
Once you launch VLC Media Player, just click and drag the video data you want to play into the player. It will automatically play the video for you.
The basic operations are also designed to be understood intuitively, such as the "Play" and "Stop" buttons, so you'll be able to use it right away.
The video data recorded by the method described in this article can also be put on your iPhone or iPad for viewing.