How to record Rakuten TV｜Screen Record without Blacking Out and Save It to Your PC
Now that the "download function" is provided as an official Rakuten TV feature, there seems to be little need to basically record videos, but this technique is good to know.
Rakuten TV has the following video titles.
- Titles that cannot be downloaded from smartphones, Fire TV Stick, etc.
- Titles that will be discontinued after a certain period of time
- Rental titles that require a separate fee from the monthly fee
If you make a quick recording of these and save them permanently, you can easily play them offline using your smartphone or tablet anytime and anywhere.
The advantage of being able to record and permanently store an entire video title, especially one that requires a rental fee each time it is rented, is huge.
I think it's safe to say that this recording technique is a perfect complement to the official download function.
That is why this article will explain how to record video content from the video streaming service Rakuten TV.
By the way, the recording method I'm going to show you is a completely legal technique that is not illegal, so you can record VOD without worry!
Let's take a quick look at how to record video content from the video streaming service Rakuten TV.
You cannot record Rakuten TV video content on any device, including computers, smartphones, tablets, and HDD recorders.
This is because of the "HDCP" technology that prevents unauthorized video recording.
HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) is a copyright protection technology that aims to prevent unauthorized copying of digital content.
This article will give you more information about this particular item and how to record videos using them.
If you record normally, you will get a black screen, but if you use the techniques described in this article, you will be able to record videos beautifully!
By preparing the items listed below, you'll be able to record Rakuten TV.
What you need for Rakuten TV recording
- Personal computer (+ Internet connection)
- Rakuten TV account
- Dedicated recording software
Except for basic items essential for video playback such as a computer, internet connection, and video streaming service account, recording Rakuten TV requires a dedicated recording software called "Y2Mate Rakuten TV Downloader".
In particular, rental videos can be recorded and downloaded in a few minutes per video and saved to your computer, which is a great economic advantage to never rent the same title again.
Also, the advantage of being able to comprehensively download video content that is no longer being distributed is also very modest.
Of course, it is best to use the full version of the software, which has no functional limitations whatsoever, but a free trial version is also available, so you may want to use the free trial version first to see how the software performs.
This section will explain the process of recording video content from the video streaming service Rakuten TV.
First, go to the following URL and install the recording software "Y2Mate Rakuten TV Downloader" on your computer.
Official site: Y2Mate Rakuten TV Downloader
- Click on the button labeled "Free Download" to download the installer.
- Once the file has downloaded, click on it to open it.
- When the installation screen appears, click "Quick Install" to start the installation.
- Wait for a while for the installation to complete. It should take about five minutes, depending on your Internet connection.
- When you see "Launch Now," click on it.
This will automatically launch "Y2Mate Rakuten TV Downloader".
- Click "VIP Services" on the left side of the "Y2Mate Rakuten TV Downloader" screen.
- You will then see a list of supported streaming services, and click on "Rakuten TV".
- When you see the Rakuten TV screen, log in to Rakuten.
- Once you are logged in, play the video content you want to record.
- This will automatically bring up a screen where you can select the video content you want to record, so select the content you want to record.
- After making your selection, click "Download Now" if you want to download it right now, or "Add to Queue" if you want to select other videos to download all at once.
- Click "Downloading" on the left side of the operation screen, and you will see the video title you selected is displayed. If there are other video titles you want to record, click "Home" on the left side of the operation screen and follow the same procedure to select the videos.
- When you are done selecting the videos you want to record, click "Start All" to start recording (downloading).
- When the recording (download) is complete, click "Download" on the left side of the operation screen. You will be able to see the recorded data of the video you have just selected. By the way, to see the specific location of the video files you have recorded and downloaded, you can click on the folder icon on the right side of the line where the video files are displayed.
What to do if you can't download a video?
A reader of this site gave me an effective way to deal with the problem of not being able to download videos even after following the above steps, and I'd like to share it with you here!
To do so, simply right-click on the software installer downloaded from the Y2Mate official website to open the menu and select "Run as administrator" to install the software.
The rest of the procedure is the same as above, so if you are experiencing any problems with the software, you should definitely try "Run as administrator".
As I mentioned, "Y2Mate Rakuten TV Downloader" allows you to record Rakuten TV with very simple operations, but there is a limit to the number of times you can record with the free trial version.
The free trial version limits the number of recordings to three, and if you want to record more than that, you have to get the paid version.
It's enough to check the performance of the software, but obviously not enough to use it for a long time.
So if you want to continue to record numerous video titles with "Y2Mate Rakuten TV Downloader" in the future, buy the paid version.
This section explains how to watch recorded video data of video content from the video streaming service "Rakuten TV".
There are two main ways to watch a movie: on a computer and on a smartphone or tablet. The following is the most orthodox way to watch a movie on a computer.
If you want to watch it on your computer, it is convenient to use a free media player.
Among them, I recommend the standard free software "VLC Media Player" because it is known for its ease of use that even beginners can use without any confusion.
Of course, being free software, there is zero financial burden, so if you don't have a specific media player, why not take the opportunity to download it?
Once you launch VLC Media Player, just click and drag the video data you want to play into the player. It will automatically play the video for you.
The basic operations are also designed to be understood intuitively, such as the "Play" and "Stop" buttons, so you'll be able to use it right away.
The video data recorded by the method described in this article can also be put on your iPhone or iPad for viewing.