How to Activate Viki on Roku?
Rakuten Viki is gaining steam all over the world. It is not only getting limited to one area. Americans are getting crazy over this platform as its database has been filled with all kinds of dramas/shows from many prominent east Asian places including Japan, China, Taiwan, and South Korea.
The dramas/shows are so much in vogue now, they are a class on their own. The platform is basically crowdsourced. People from all over the world pool in money and then contribute to translating the shows. The US is so much into this stuff that a recent report suggested that 75% non-Asians have subscribed to this platform. Out of which, the USA is leading this saga. So, in this piece, I have put together How to activate Viki on your Roku TV. We will discuss all the ways where you can infuse both the platforms together and experience fun and a bundle of joy.
There is no point in building any suspense, it’s better to get in the zone and sort of put the facts out there. So, Viki in itself need not be activated, but there needs to be an activation of the Roku device. You have to add the channel Viki to your Roku device. Now here is the thing, first of all, let us know How to set up/activate your Roku device. If you want to know the process from Viki just visit viki.com/roku and viki.com/roku code for activating Viki on Roku. It means adding the application to your Roku TV.
The process is quite simple. Here the entire process entails first activating your Roku through an electronic device and then watching your TV forever. Let us know more about it in a more sequential form. Make sure to follow all the steps in a systematic manner:
- First thing first, make sure to have proper knowledge of whether you are using a Roku TV or Roku streaming device.
- Once that is done, make sure to connect your HDMI cable from the streamer to your Roku device. If you have a Roku TV, all you need to do is turn on your TV.
- The streamer needs to have a reboot, either way, the streamer is available with a new Roku TV as well.
- Once that is done you will be upgraded to the latest software that is necessary to run that streamer.
- Now, all you need to do is select your preferred language.
The first part of the process has thankfully ended. Now you have to focus more on the second part of the process and that is keying in the activation code to activate your Roku account. You have to first sign up to Roku and request an activation link here is the process:
- You have to go to this link and now officiate the signing up process.
- Once you have gone to the signup window of Roku. You have to key in your personal info such as name and email address, and password.
- Roku asks if you are over 18 years old or else you are too young to use Roku.
- Once that is done, you need to accept the terms and conditions or check mark it to move to the payment portal.
- There is also another option to checkmark where Roku asks if you find it okay if Roku can send you updates/tips in regards to new offers and bumper discounts on streamed content.
- After that, you need to set up the Roku pay and now wait and move on to the next device, keep your laptop handy.
- Here you will get an email from Roku where it asks for you to click and process the activation link.
- Once that is done you can access Roku on your TV.
The installation process of Viki on the Roku device is not at all problematic. You have to access the entire channel list and then select the add channel on Viki on your Roku device. Let us understand all these steps in a more structured manner:
- First of all, make sure to press the Home button on your Roku remote, once you have put your Roku TV/Smart TV with a Roku streamer.
- Now, you have to toggle around channels and look for Rakuten Viki. You can type Viki as well as the app is available in its short-form name.
- Once that’s been done, you have to select the add channel below Viki. Once selected, Viki will be running the installation process.
- Once that is done, you have installed Viki on your Roku device without facing any difficulty.
- You can now open it and sign in to the device or simply sign up. You can use google to sign up or simply the Rakuten platform.
- Once you are signed up, key in your details and watch Rakuten. In terms of the packs, you can access them through a different link, here it is.
- If you haven’t signed up for the Viki pass you will be automatically considered for the free pass. Now here is the thing, once you have not signed up for the free pass and you become a free customer you get limited access to content on the portal and you also have to watch ads.
Viki pass is a premium pass that allows users to engage in some excessively amazing content. The pass comes at a mere cost of $4.99 and here are the facilities:
- No ads on your shows as opposed to having ads in the free service.
- You get the option to watch the entire movie database in high definition.
- You get the option to chrome-cast your content.
So after you signed up for Viki. Viki will mail you an activation link on your email. All you need to do is click on that activation link and watch your favorite shows on Roku. Now the thing is How to watch the shows of Viki on Roku.
If you are installing Viki it is kind of a done deal that you will want to watch the channel more than usual on your Roku list. So you have to move the channel up on your viewing list. You can have a brief read on the channel moving on Roku here.
Moving is very easy, just follow the given steps:
- First of all press the Home remote.
- Now you will see an ok button and a directional pad. Use it to highlight the channel; you want to move.
- Now press the * to view options.
- Now select move from the list and take it to the upper part of your list, it's up to you where you want to keep it.
Once the proper moving has been done, now it’s time to explore the interface and watch your favorite shows. So, here is the thing you generally in broad strokes have content mainly from four regions of Asia which include Japan, Korea, Taiwan. But in the country section, you will also have Asian dramas/shows made in the United States. Now, the portal has also added other countries like the Philippines and Vietnam.
Once you are done selecting, you can simply look for other sorting options like the genre. For instance, action, comedy, fantasy, horror, and many more types of films are available. The genre list is quite wide. And Viki does crowdsourced subtitles, you have almost every language spoken in the world from Afrikaans to Persian. You even have dialects from India like Assamese. But it depends on what show has been dubbed in that particular language. If you can understand English you won’t have any particular disadvantage.
Downloading your favorite videos from Viki channel would enable you to enjoy them whenever you have free time. One of the recommended tools to download the videos from Viki channel is Y2Mate Rakuten Viki Downloader. It is one of the easy to use tools which enhances your viewing experience.
This write-up has all you need to know about getting Viki on Roku. Also, you can easily download the videos from Viki and watch it whenever you want to.
Give a thorough read and enjoy watching your favorite videos.